Built 1894 to design of local architect James Cowle to provide a purpose built chamber for meetings of Tynwald; adjacent to the whitewashed Bank of Mona building that had been acquired in 1879.
The stone carving over the entrance is the armorial bearings of the Kings of Man and was done by R.W. Creer of Douglas.
A 1908 extension, also by Cowle, was demolished in the 1970's to allow the adjacent offices.
Tynwald A Centenary of the Tynwald Chamber Tynwald:Douglas nd 
J. Brown gives a detailed account of the movement of the Courts and Tynwald from Castletown to Douglas in Historical Chapter (pp88-101) 1881 Directory.