Sixth son of Meredydd ap John of Llanelian yn Rhos, Denbighshire. Graduate of Cambridge (where name given as Floyd/Fludd). Brother David was mayor of Chester 1593, another brother Edward was mercer, also in Chester. He was appointed to post of Divinity Lecturer in the Cathedral for several years before being appointed to Man. (The house with the carved front in Watergate Street is still known as Bishop Lloyd's house) However the translation of Bishop Vaughan to London in 1604 allowed him to be translated to Chester where he died 1616 and is buried in the Cathedral.
R.H.Norris Diocesan Histories: Chester SPCK:1895