George Kay (1853-1931)

Born Southport, arrived Ramsey in 1880 where he set up in business as an architect operating from offices in Victoria Buildings in Parliament Street. Worked on the Mooragh Promenade designing the large boarding houses. Also linked with Frederick Saunderson, civil engineer, who had at one time worked as a clerk in a Ramsey Advocate's office.

Had moved to Athol Street Douglas by 1894 and in 1901 took his brother Walter R. Kay, a civil engineer, into partnership which lasted until 1911 when Walter was appointed Surveyor General after which his three sons were taken into what became G. Kay and sons


Wesleyan School, Waterloo Road


IoM Vic Soc Newsletter #48 Nov 1997



Any comments, errors or omissions gratefully received The Editor
© F.Coakley , 2001