Retired to the Island because of ill health and then later recomenced architectural practice. Married, in London, Edith Mary Leece, daughter of Paul Henry Leece (Ballamona Farm, Braddan) who died 1885. Rigby purchased Ballamona Farm from his mother-in-law in 1890 shortly after his move to the Island (she would appear to have retired to London after death of her husband).
Did most of restoration work of Castle Rushen under Governor Raglan. See Obituary notice from Manx Quarterly for a biography
Douglas Victoria Press 1927 - left uncompleted at his death but
published by his widow, with a concluding chapter by R.F.Dodd,.
Ruined Chapel on S. Michael's Island Proc IoMNH&ASoc vol 1 pp415-420 1907
The Kerristal Building Estate IoM Victorian Society
Newsletter #43 May 1996