Patrick Primitive Methodist Chapel, 1873


In 1856 members rented a smithy for £1 a year and rebuilt on same site when they had chance of buying the land in 1873 when they acquired certain house and building on Knockaloe Estate for annual rent 10/- from Robert Corrin net manufacturer (Peel) trustees - William Buchanan, John Killey, Thomas Kelly, John Preston (Peel) Thomas Quine (then of Glenmaye).

The original smithy/chapel is the cellar portion.

Closed 1977 and sold as Church Hall for Patrick.

Grid Reference SC243821

 Chapel Index

Any comments, errors or omissions gratefully received The Editor
© F.Coakley , 1999