Kerrowglass Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, 1833

Kerrowglass Chapel

Closed 1932. Built by John Cannell (who was trustee)on his farm land and would appear to have remained private property as on closure (c.1963) his family locked the doors leaving it just as it was left at the last service.

According to 1851 religious census it would seat 92; average attendance 60 with 36 S/S scholars.

Grid Reference SC302884


The stone is:

Builder's Stone

 Chapel Index


Any comments, errors or omissions gratefully received The Editor
© F.Coakley , 1999