Ballakaneen (Andreas) Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, 1782 + 1834


Meetings held from c.1780, the 1782 date is that given in the 1862 register
The current chapel is the 1834 Sunday School - the original chapel occupied what is now the adjacent carpark.

Ballakaneen Chapel, 1902
[From Methodist Recorder 1902]

Grid Reference SC416995


A sunday school started in 1834 with 60 scholars and 15 teachers in 1851.

 Chapel Index


Any comments, errors or omissions gratefully received The Editor
© F.Coakley , 1999