Ballabeg Wesleyan Methodist Chapel 1854 + 1900


Original Chapel 1854 - now converted for use as hall; 1900 chapel abuts sideon to old chapel - best seen from early postcard view (c.1905 ?) as hall (and entrance porch) have subsequently been altered.

1905 view

A Sunday School was established from August 1854 originally in a thatched cottage lent by Joseph Dawson on Friary Estate [ref MM E240BAL - Ballabeg Methodist Chapel Sunday School Aniversary 1854-1954]

Grid Reference SC251702


(postcard (c) from M.Kelly collection - used by permission)

 Chapel Index


Any comments, errors or omissions gratefully received The Editor
© F.Coakley , 1999