It is generally known that the Quayles of Bridge House were for a period in the eighteenth century proprietors of the Barony of St. Trinians; but few actual records have been published. The following, from the Bridge House Collection, is printed for the first time
Bridge House Collection.
Document No. 71.
holden in and for the Barony or Mannor of St. Trinions the 30th day of August, 1785, before John Quayle, Esq., proprietor of the sd Barony. Setting Quest sworn
Ballavitchell aijs. iijd. ob.
Thos. ffargher xvd. & vd. William Kermod cum cetr., 0. 10. 0.
Entred by virtue of a deed of sale dated the 5th ffeby 1784. for the sd xvd rent, and also he is entred for the sd vd rent by virtue of a deed of sale, dated the 28th day of April 1785, both allowed off by this Court.
Exd. JOHN COSINAHAN, Deemster.