Farmhill, Braddan


Originally Ballaquirk and in possession of Quirk family from earliest records until mid 18th Century when acquired by Senhouse Wilson, then Receiver General. Part of Bishops Barony (indicated as 1 quarterland - in Woods Atlas given as 134 acres) and site of Barony Court for Braddan. Renamed Farmhill by the Wilsons who originally derived from Cumberland. In 1823 occupied by Thomas Harrison.

Currently known as Farmhill manor - an English affectation as no Manx equivalent to Lords of the Manor (all land pre Act of Settlement was 'owned' by the Lord of Man).


J. Kitto Historic Homes of the Isle of Man Douglas:Executive Publications, 1990 (ISBN 0-9516846-1-2) - excellent photo but no information re house.



Any comments, errors or omissions gratefully received The Editor
© F.Coakley , 1999