[from Cubbon - Bibliography, Vol 1, 1933]

F 75 PARISHES AND PARISH CHURCHES.

The order of the Parishes follows that in Mx Soc. vol. xxix, namely, commencing with Patrick and German in the Sheading of Glenfaba, and, proceeding clockwise around the coast, ending with Malew, Arbory and Rushen in the Sheading of Rushen. Marown comes between Braddan and Santan.

General.

Monumental Inscriptions in the Isle of Man taken in the Summer of 1797, by John Feltham and Edward Wright. Mx Soc. xiv, 1868.

Report of the Committee of Inquiry into the state of Graveyards. James Brown & Sons. 1869. pp. 14. 245x142. [3306, E 205]

Index of the Names of the Clergy. In Mx Soc. xxix, 141-7. 1879.

Parish Registers and Vestry Books, extracts from. In Manx Church Mag., as follow:-St. Mary's, Castletown, 1891, pp. 92-5, 105-6, 115-16, 130; Rushen 1892, pp. 18-19, 35, 52, 58; German, pp. 50, 66, 81-2; Braddan, pp. 102, 1 t 5-16 ; Maughold, pp. 131-3; Lonan, pp. 146-7; Conchan, pp. 161-2, 177; Lezayre 1893, pp. 2-3; Marown, Andreas, Bride, Jurby, Patrick, p. 51; Ballaugh 1894, pp. 118-19; 133-5, 149-50.,

CRELLIN (Miss A. M.). On Some Things Manx, now Obsolete in the Parishes. In I.M.T. 12th Oct. 1895. [Fr. foi. p. 90, L 6]

Methodism in the Parishes: Lecture by J. E. Crye. In Mona's Hld. 30th Oct., 1895, [Fr. fol. p. 91, L 61
An unusually good account of early Methodism and of the first Local Preachers.

QUINE (Canon John, M.A.). Notes on Manx Parish Church Sites: paper given to N.H.A.S. In I.M.T. 25th Dec., 1897. [Fr. fol. p. 222]

NIGHTINGALE (Rev. B.). Manx Churches, Quaint and Old. In The Tourist, No. 16, ii, 144, 1898.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). Summary of Antiquities in the several Parishes. In Y.L.M. ii, 193. 1901.

QUINE (Rev. J., M.A.). Notes on Manx Parish Church Sites. In Y.L.M. iii, 331-337. 1902.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). Notes on the form of the Ancient Parish Church in Man. In Y.L.M. iii, 337-339. 1902.
The dimensions of the old churches are taken from Feltham's Tour, 1797.

Parish Registers. Reports of Tynwald Court Committee on the question of where they should be stored. In Debates, 30, p. 520. 1913.

Retired Rector. Memories of Northside Parishes. In Ramsey Courier, 1929-30. [6004]

Report of the Committee appointed by the Legislative Council to consider the Burials Amendment Bill, 1931, together with Minority report. B. & S. Feb. 1931. pp. 14. 240x185. [6243, F 75]

See following Directories : Pigot's 1824; Slater's 1846-53: Thwaite's 1863; Brown's 1882-94; Smith's Commercial 1883; Porter's 1889.

See also the various Histories, the Visitors' Guide Books, the Manx Museum Journal, etc.

Kirk Patrick.

Kirk Patrick in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 190-2. 1861.

Kirk Patrick : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 73-5. 1879.

Dalby : list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, 76, 1879,

Foxdale : list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, 76. 1879.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Patrick. In Y.L.M. vol. ii, 181-186, 1901.

Kirk Patrick in 1515. In Man. Roll, pp. 44-7, 102. Also Barony of Bangor and Sabal, 1603, p. 96; Bishop's Barony, p. 94, 1924.

CUBBON (William). Notes on the Parish of Kirk Patrick. In Proc. iii, 23-28.

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. N. pp. 319-369, 1927.

CUBBON (William). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to mile. In J.J.K. P. N. p. 370, 1927. F 75

Kirk German.

Kirk German and Peel, 1798. (Illus.) In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 181-9. 1861.

St. John's: list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. vol. xxix, p. / 9. 1879.

Chronk y Voddy : list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. vol. xxix, 80. 1879.

Kirk German: list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 77-8. 1879.

'Reconciliation' of St. John's Chapel. In Mx Ch. Mag., Nov. 1891.

Kirk German: Extracts from the Vestry Book (1667 onwards). In Mx Ch. Mag., April to June, 1892.

Kirk German: Consecration of the New Parish Church. In Mx Ch, Mag., Nov. 1893.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk German. In Y.L.M. ii, 184-186, 1901.

QUINE (Rev. Canon John, M.A.). Historical Account of the Church and Parish of St. German, Peel, S.K.B. & Co. 1908. pp. 23. 160x100. 3d, [1801]

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 373-418, 1927.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 419, 1927.

Kirk German in 1515. In Man. Roll, pp. 48-50c, 103. Also Abbey Lands p. 90. Bishop's Barony p. 94, 1924.

Kirk Michael.

Kirk Michael in 1795. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 172-80, 1861.

Kirk Michael: list of Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 80-2, 1879.

SAVAGE (Rev. E. B., M.A.). Notes on the Parish Registers of Kirk Michael. In Y.L.M. i, 3-10, 1889.

Kirk Michael Antiquities. Visit of Cumb. and West. Antiq. Soc. In I.M.T., 29th Sept., 1894. [Fr. fol. p. 84, L6]

CRELLIN (M iss A. M.). Some Antiquarian Notes on Kirk Michael. In Y.L.M. ii. 121-126, 1901. [2049]

KERMODE (P. M. C.). Provisional List of the Antiquities of Michael. In Y.L.M. ii, 127-128, 1901. [2049]

List of Antiquities in Kirk Michael. In Y.L.M. ii, pp. 187-159, 1901. [2049]

Kirk Michael: Beating the Bounds, 1910. In Mx Ch. Mag. June 1910.

Kirk Michael, notes on the parish of, by John R. Quayle. John Sayle, Post Office, Kirk Michael; printer, Ibberson, Halifax. N.D.[1915] pp. 42. 196x115. [3442]
The chapter on the crosses is by P. M. C. Kermode, M.A. The illus. are from photos by the author.

QUAYLE (John R.). Saint Michael's Church: Historical Gleanings of the Church and Parish, including Notes on the Pastoral Staff of the Diocese. B. & S. 1927. pp. 16. 6 illus. 210x140. [6400, F 75]

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the parish. In P. - N. pp. 427-448. 1928.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to mile. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 449. 1928.

Kirk Michael in 1515. In Man. Roll, pp. 51-4, 103. Michael Cottages, p. 93, 1924.

Ballaugh.

Ballaugh in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 166-71, 1861.

St. Nicholas, Bishop's Court. In Mx Soc. xxix, 83, 1879. Ballaugh : list of the Rectors. In Mx Soc. xxix, 83-6. 1879.

Ballaugh: Extracts from the Parish Register [from 1607) compiled by Rev. W. Kermode. In Mx Ch. Mag., June, July, Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec. 1894; June, 1895; Aug., Nov. 1895; June, 1896.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Ballaugh. In Y.L.M. ii, 190-191, 1901.

Ballaugh : An Old Tragedy; by 'Ierne.' Ramsey. 1905. 8vo. pp. 24. Not in Library.

Ballaugh : Walking the Boundaries, 1910. See Mx Ch Mag., June 1910.

SHIMMIN (Mrs. Ellie). Life in Ballaugh in the Forties. In Mannin, pp. 269-274, 1915.

KERMODE (Rev. William). Notes from the Parish Register of Ballaugh. In Manx Note Book i, pp. 55-60, 102-108, 1886.

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P.-N. pp. 451-474. 1928.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 475. 1928.

Ballaugh in 1515. In Man. Roll pp. 55-8, 104. 1924. F 75

Jurby.

Jurby in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 159-66, 1861.

Copy of the Registers of the parish of Jurby, 1607-1612. 1894. pp. 2. 208x175. [6679, F 75]

Jurby, list of Vicars of. Mx Soc. xxix, 87-8. 1879.

KERMODE. (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Jurby. In Y.L.M. vol. ii, 192, 1901. [2049]

KNEEN (J. J.., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 477-489, 1928.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 491, 1928.

Jurby in 1515. In Man. Roll pp. 59-61, 105. Also Bishop's Barony, p. 93, 1924.

Kirk Bride

Kirk Bride, 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 152-6. 1861.

Kirk Bride: an Act for providing a New Church in the parish of Bride and for authorising an exchange of certain Glebe Lands for other lands. James Brown & Son. 1869. pp. 223-235, 240x155. [D 200]

Kirk Bride, list of Rectors. In Mx Soc. xxix, 88-90, 1879.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Bride. In Y.L.M. ii, 155-156, 1901. [2049]

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 551-571, 1928.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. In J.J.K. P. - N. p. 573, 1928.

Kirk Bride in 1515. In Man. Roll pp. 67-71, 106. 1924.

Kirk Andreas.

'There is in MS. in the Library a Return of the, Names and Addresses of the inhabitants of the Parish of Kirk Andreas in the 18th Century.

Kirk Andreas, 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 156-9, 1861.

Kirk Andreas : (1) Refitting and improvement of the Parish Church, 1868; (2) Final Statement, 1870. Ramsey: J. Hampton, Post Office. 1868-1870. Broadside. 330x210. [4115]

St. Jude's : list of Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, 94-5. 1879.

Kirk Andreas: list of the Rectors. In Mx Soc. xxix, 91-4. 1879.

St. Jude's : Extracts from Rev. W. Drury's Note-book. In Mx Ch. Mag., Jan. 1892.

Kirk Andreas : Extracts from the Parish Register, 1666 In Mx Ch. Mag., April 1893.

KERMODE. (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Andreas. Ist Y.L.M. ii, 153-5, 1901. [2049]

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P.- N. pp. 575-607, 1928.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Perish s)lewing the TreensIn J. J. K. P. - N. p. 609, 1928,

Kirk Christ Lezayre.

Kirk Christ Lezayre, 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 146-51, 1861.

Lezayre Parish Magazine, 1865. No copies in Library.

Kirk Christ Lezayre : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, pp. 95-7. 1879.

St. Stephen's, Sulby : list of the Chaplains. In. Mx Soc. xxix, 98, 1879.

Kirk Christ Lezayre : Extracts from the Parish Register. In Mx Ch. Mag., Jan. 1893; April, May, 1895.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Lezayre. In Y.L.M. ii, 157-8, 1901. [2049]

Kirk Christ Lezayre : Interesting Old Church Notes. In. March, April, July, Dec. 1910.

Milntown House, Home School for the Daughters of Gentlemen. 6 illus. No printer's name. N.D. [c. 1912] pp. 16. 197x130. [6577, D 426]

Prog. of Opening of Sulby New Wesleyan Church, 13th April, 1914. 'J. T. Southward, Sulby, Typo.' pp. 4. 147x108. [F 72]

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 495-547, 1928.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 549, 1928.

Kirk Andreas in 1515. In Man. Roll, pp. 72-76, 105. 1924. Parish of Holy Trinity in 1515. In Man. Roll, pp. 62-66, 107. Also Abbey Lands in Kirk Christ in ye Aire, p. 89, 1924.

Kirk Maughold

Kirk Maughold and Ramsey, 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 140-6, 265. 1861.

A Peep at Kirk Maughold, by W. I. (with woodcuts). In Once a Week, 13th April, 1867. [3030, L 6]

St. Catherine's, Ballure : list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, 102. 1879.

Christ Church, Dhoon : list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, 105. 1879.

Kirk Maughold : Extracts from the Parish Register. In Mx Ch. Mag., Sept. 1892.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Maughold. In Y.L.M. ii, 159-161, 1901. [2049]

List of the Maughold Crosses, with plan and view of the cross-house. G. & L. Johnson. 1907. pp. 8. 220x 136. [3834, F 7]

QUINE (Rev. J., M.A.). Kirk Maughold Church. In Y.L.M. iv, 203-210, 1910. [4055]

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 273-304, 1926.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N., p. 305, 1926.

Parish of St. Maughold in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 40-3, 101-2, 1924.

Kirk Lonan.

Kirk Lonan in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 213-7,1861.

Kirk Lonan : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 105-7, 1879.

Kirk Lonan : Extracts from the Parish Register. In Mx Ch. Mag., Oct. 1892.

Rev. John Wesley in Lonan. In Mx Wes. Meth. Ch. Record i, p. 19. 1893.

Copy of Deed of Consecration of Lonan Church. In Mx Ch. Mag., June 1897.

KNOX (Archibald). Old Kirk Lonan. In The Antiquary, pp. 15-19. Jan. 1898. . [4825, F 75]

Kirk Lonan : Notes on the Old Registers. In Mx Ch. Mag. July 1899.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Lonan. In Y.L.M. ii, 162-4, 1901. [2049]

'JUAN OTHIG ILL.' The Old Parish Clerk of Lonan. In Mx Quar. 7, 1909.

Parish of St. Lonan in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 35-9, 101. Also of Skinscoe, p. 89. 1924.

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 241-270, 1926.

CUBBoN (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 271, 1926.

Laxey.

Opening of Great Laxey Water Wheel, with woodcut. In Ill. Lon. News, 14th Oct., 1854; The Graphic, 8th June, 1872. [3030, L 6]

Laxey Town, Harbour and Pier Company Limited. Prospectus. 1864. pp. 4. 380x240.

The prospectus, which was marked ' private,' states the company had agreed to ' purchase the rights of the Crown to the sea shore, together with freehold lands and build- ings adjoining, including a large portion of the present town of Laxey, for the sum of 20,000, of which the vendors were to take 5,000 in paid-up shares and the remainder in cash.' The company did not develop.

Woodcut View of Great Laxey Wheel. In Graphic, 1872. [3030, L 6]

BRADBURY (Dr. John). Our Own Guide to Laxey and its Neighbourhood, by a Resident. Oldham: Tetlow, Stubbs & Co. N.D. [ 1876] [3392]

Christ Church, Laxey : list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, p. 107. 1879.

Dr. Laird's Report on the Sanitary condition of Laxey. B. & S. 1881. pp. 6. 245x155. [6123, D 152]
The report was addressed to Governor Loch.

Williamson's Laxey Glen Garden Album. Taylors, Leeds. N.D. [c. 1885] pp. 5. 94x150. [3598]

Laxey Industrial Co-operative Society : coming of age. An historical sketch. B. & S. 1891. pp. 16. 212x130. [4613]

Laxey as a sea-side Health Resort. N.D. [c. 1895] pp. 4. 210x135. [5969, F 75]

Laxey Water Supply: Report of Com. of Tynwald on Laxey Water Supply, with minutes of evidence. Oct. 1908. B. & S. pp. viii,90. 330x210. [6130, D 152]

Laxey Village Commissioners: Bye-laws for the regulations of Ashpits, Buildings, etc. C. & F. 1908. pp. 36. 250x150. [6130, D 152]

Laxey : Petition of Village Commissioners for approval of Bye-laws for the Sea-shore, etc. Sept. 1910. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6130, D 152]

Laxey : Application of Village Commissioners for leave to borrow 6,000 for defraying cost of Sewering. 18th Jan. 1911. pp. 2. 330x210. [6131, D 152]

F. C. S. Reminiscences of Laxey. In Mx Quar. 13, 1913. Guide to Laxey. Laxey Village Commissioners. N.D. [ 1914] pp. 16. 186x120. (3368]

Great Laxey Mines and Laxey-Ramsey Tramways Reports. [4584] F 75

Kirk Conchan

Kirk Conchan in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 206-13, 1861.

Solicitation for ' Votes and Influence' in behalf of Elizabeth Hannah Chubb, aged 13 years, ' daughter of the late retired Commander Chubb, R.N., who died May 1, 1849, at Kirk Conchan.' Royal Naval Female School, election for 1850. p. 1. 96x128. [4745]

Kirk Conchan : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 108-110, 1879.

Kirk Conchan : Extracts from the Parish Register. In Mx Ch. Mag., Nov. Dec. 1892; May 1895.

Kirk Conchan : Extracts from the Parish Reg. from 1627. In Mx Ch. Mag., May 1895.

Conchan : Mem. of Government Office on application of Village Commissioners for authority to borrow 2,500 for drainage. 23rd May, 1899. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6126, D 152]

Rep. of Committee of Tynwald on petitions of Conchan and Laxey. 26th May, 1900. B. & S. pp. 4. 330x210. [6126, D 152]

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Conchan. In Y.L.M. ii, 165-6, 1901. [2049]

Rep. of Committee of Tynwald to report on confirmation of Conchan Village District Bye-laws, dated 22nd July, 1903. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6127, D 152]

Kirk Conchan : Notes from the Parish Registers. In Mx Ch. Mag., Oct. 1903.

Conchan : Mem. by Government Office on application of Commissioners of Village District to borrow 100 for lighting. 27th June, 1904. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In. P. - N. pp. 209-237, 1926.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 239, 1926.

Parish of Saint Conchan in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 30-4, 100. Also the Abbey Lands, p. 90. 1924. F 75

Kirk Braddan.

Kirk Braddan in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 195-206, 269-10, 1861.

Kirk Braddan Bazaar and Christmas Fair, Dec. 1910. S. K. B. & Co. pp.58. 245x153. [4179]

Kirk Braddan : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 110-3, 1879.

St. Luke's, Baldwin : list of the Chaplains. In. Mx Soc. xxix, 120, 1879.

Kirk Braddan : Extracts from the Parish Register. In Mx Ch. Mag., July 1892, Aug. 1892.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Braddan. In Y.L.M. ii, 167-8, 1901. [2049]

Bazaar and Xmas Fair Handbook, The Palace, Douglas. Contains historical sketch of the Parish of Kirk Braddan by the Rev. Canon J. Quine, M.A. Douglas. 1910. pp. 58. Not in Library.

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P.- N. pp. 173-197, 1926.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 199. 1926.

Parish of Saint Braddan in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 26-29, 100. Also the Abbey Lands p. 90, and Bishop's Barony p. 93. 1924.

St. Matthew's.

CUBBON (John). A Brief Statement of the Charities of St. Matthew's Chapel, by John Cubbon, one of the Wardens. Douglas : R. Fargher. 1853. pp. 4. 340x220. [D 50]

St. Matthew's Chapel: Account rendered for the Assessment for Braddan Burial Ground in terms of Act of Tynwald, dated Aug. 31, 1848, on property in Douglas. 1849. p. 1. 190x116. [4105]

St. Matthew's: list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, pp. 113-5. 1879.

[All 5296]

St. Matthew's Church and Grammar School: Report of Committee of Tynwald Court. B. & S. 1880. pp. 10. 243x151.

St. Matthew's Sunday-school Anniversary Hymn sheet, 28th Aug. 1881. pp. 4. 220x140.

Order of Divine Service, St. Matthew's Church, Christmas Night, 1881. W. H. Cowin, North-quay. pp. 4. 206x135.

St. Matthew's Parochial Tea Programme, 1st Feb., 1881. Harriet Curphey. pp. 4. 266x208.

St. Matthew's annual Parochial Tea : Programme, Feb. 1882. P. Curphey. pp. 4. 268x210.

St. Matthew's annual Parochial Tea: Programme, Feb. 1884. 11. & S. pp. 4. 265x210.

St. Matthew's Parochial Tea Programme, 3rd Feb., 1885. W. H. Cowin. pp. 4. 255x190.

Also for various other years.

St. Matthew's Sunday-school Anniversary Hymn sheet, 19th July, 1885. pp. 4. 222x140.

St. Matthew's Parish Magazine. April, 1890. (Vol. 2, No. xiii.) pp. 4. 250x188.

BROWN (Rev. Thos. Edward, M.A.). St. Matthew's, Douglas : an appeal. G. & R. Johnson. 1895. pp. 17. 140x108.

Handbook of Scenic Bazaar in aid of St. Matthew's new church fund, Oct. 1895. B. & S. 134x220.

Handbook of St. Matthew's Bazaar. October 1897. B. & S. pp. 32. 212x138.
Contains short poems written expressly by Rev. T. E. Brown.

St. Matthew's Church : account of the last Vestry meeting in the old church; with a record of the agreement entered into with the Town Council, dated 12th Jan., 1898. [Fr. fol. p. 225]

Handbook to St. Matthew's Scenic Bazaar, Nov. 1898. Thos. Brakell, Liverpool. pp. 30. 206x122. [5296]

Form of Memorial Service at St. Matthew's Church on the occasion of the funeral of Her late Majesty Queen Victoria. B. & S. 1901. pp. 16. 185x116. [4604]

Form of service for the Consecration of the Church of St. Matthew, 10th July, 1901. S. K. B. & Co. pp. 8. 220x143.

Handbook of St. M attliew's Chancel Bazaar, Oct. 1907. S. K. B. & Co. pp. 32. 162x105.

The Service on the occasion of the laying of the Foundation Stone of the Chancel of St. Matthew's, 25th July, 1907. S. K. 13. & Co. pp. 7. 185x125.

The Form of Service used at the Consecration of the Chancel of the Parish Church of St. Matthew, 21st Sept., 1908. S. K. B. cz Co. pp. 8. 215x142.

St. Matthew's : Catalogue of the Loan Exhibition in connection with the Coronation Bazaar in aid of St. Matthew's New Schools, in The Palace, Douglas. Oct. 24-26, 1911. 11. & S. pp. 18. 185x120.

Proposal to crect a Memorial to Canon Taggart of St. Matthew's. B. & S. 1912. pp. 3. 237x184.

Opening of St. Matthew's New School, 7th March, 1912 : Programme. S. K. B. & Co. pp. 8. 220x140.

TAGGART- (Rev H. S., 141.:1.). Worship: a sermon preached in St. Matthew's Church by Rev. H. S. Taggart, vicar. S. K. B. & Co. 1913. pp. 12. 190x127. [5296]

O1d St. .Matthew's and the Chaplain's House in New Bond- Street. In Mx Ch. Mlag., April, June, July, Oct. 1915.

TAGGART (Rev. Hugh Selwyn, M.A.). The Story of S. Matthew's Church, Douglas. S. K. B. & Co. N.D. [c. 1923] pp. 32. 183x120. 1/-.

The Story of St. Matthew's (continued). In Mx Ch. Mag- March 1923,

St. George's.

St. George's : list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, 116. 1879.

History of St. George's, Douglas. In. 16Ix Ch. Mag., June, July, 1891.

St. George's Parish Bazaar Souvenir. Douglas: B. & S. 1909. pp. 76. 249x155. 3d. [1927]
Ill. 7 views and portraits.

The Office for the Re-opening of St. George's Church, Douglas. 5th May, 1910. B. & S. pp. 11. 190x125. [5977]

St. George's Church, Douglas: Memorial Service in connection with the funeral of H.M. King Edward VII, 20th May, 1910. B. & S. pp. 16. 200x115. [4182]

Handbook of St. George's Fancy Fair. Oct. 1912. B. & S. pp. 64. Illus. 220x144. [5977]

St. George's, Douglas: Ceremony of Unveiling the Tablet to the memory of Sir William Hillary. B. & S. 1921. pp. 8. 210x131. [1652]

St. George's Church, Douglas: Chancery Petition to vary obsolete Trust. In L M.Ex. 29th Nov. 1929. [5974]

St. George's Church Blotter for 1932. Roy. Pub. Co., Leeds. pp. 12. 276x218. [6406, F 75]

St. Barnabas.

St. Barnabas, Douglas: Account of Dr. Carpenter, 1866. (Newspaper cutting, Jan. 3, 1866.) [5069]

St. Barnabas' Church: Order in Council with reference to St. Barnabas' District Chapelry, and extracts from Acts of Parliament in respect to the powers of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. B. & S. 1871. pp. 12. 240x155. [5069]

St. Barnabas : list of Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, p. 117. 1879.

St. Barnabas' Church, Fort-street, Douglas : 1832 December 16th, 1932, Centenary Souvenir. Consecrated December 12th, 1832. B. & S. 1932. pp. 32. 245x180. 1/-.
Illustrations o the Church, Vicars, Officials, etc.

St. Thomas.

CHRISTIAN (Ewan). Architectural Illustrations of Skelton Church, Yorkshire, by Ewan Christian, architect [to the Eng. Ch. Comrs]. London. 1846. pp. vifi,37. 17 plates. [3, W.C. Coll. C 188]
The author, who was one of the Milntown family of Christian, designed St. Thomas' Church.

Alfred N. Laughton, appellant, and The Right Hon. and Right Rev. Horatio Powys, Lord Bishop of Sodor and Mann, respondent. Record of proceedings in the Privy Council, on appeal from the Court of Common Law in the Isle of Man. [No printer's name.] 1869. pp. 91. 445x285. [94, E 2051j The plaintiff sought hy his action to recover damages from the Bishop for a libel said to be contained in a charge delivered by the Bishop to the Clergy at a Con- vocation held at Bishopscourt on 4th June, 1869. Correspondence between the Bishop of Sodor and Mann, the Vicar of Braddan, and others, respecting St. Thomas' Church. B. & S. 1871. pp. 48. 212x138, [4168, E 200] Preface by Alfred W. Adams.

Notice of Re-opening, 1872. Not in Library.

HUTTON (F. P. B. N.). The Erection of St. Thomas' School Building: Statement by the Incumbent. Douglas Johnson. 1875). pp. 4. 209x169. [1680]

St. Thomas'. Douglas; list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, 119, 1879.

St. Thomas' Bazaar : Handbook to Exhibition of Pictures. G. & R. Johnson. 1889. pp. 15. 142x114. 3d. [659]

SAVAGE (Rev. Canon Ernest B., M.A.). St. Thomas' Church, Douglas: a short account of the Decoration of the Church. Printed for private circulation. N.D. [1910] pp. 15. 145x110. [1659]

Form of Service for the Dedication of the Bells, Clock, Chimes and Organ in the Church of S. Thomas, which were destroyed or damaged by fire, 11th Feb., 1912. Johnson. 1913. pp. 11. 188x128. [1679]

SAVAGE (Canon Ernest B., mI.A., F.S.A., V.D.). A Farewell Letter to the Parishioners of S. Thomas. G. & L. Johnson. 1914. pp. 11. 165x100. [1660]

St. Thomas' Church Bazaar Handbook. B. & S. 1919. pp. 32. 135x220. [1896]

Church of S. Thomas, Douglas: Year Book, 1927-1928. Manchester: J. E. Mulligan. 1929. pp. 20. 272x222. [5698]
Also issued in succeeding years.

St. Ninian's.

The Form and Order of the Dedication of St. Niman's Church. B. & S. 1913. pp. 16. 184x122. [1667]

St. Ninian's Church : Dedication Ceremony. In mx Quar. 12, 1913.

The Form of Service for the Consecration of the Church Of St. Ninian. G. & L. Johnson. 1914. pp. 14. 184x122. [1667]

Kirk Marown.

Kirk Marown in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 192-5. 1861.

Kirk Marown : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 121-2. 1879.

Kirk Marown : An Old Tradition regarding St. Patrick and Keeill Pherick, Ballafreer. In Mx Ch. Mag. Jan. 1891. [4408]

Kirk Marown : Extracts from the Parish Register (from 1622). In Mx Ch. Mag., April 1893.

CHRISTIAN (Rev. John). An Account of the Parish of Kirk Marown. In Y.L.M. ii, 29-31, 1895.
Written by the Vicar of Kirk Marown for Thomas Pennant, antiquary, in the year 1776.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Marown. In Y.L.M. ii, 169-170, 1895. [2049]

MOORE (A. W.). Treen Chapels in Kirk Marown. In Y.L.M. iii, 433-4, 1900. [2050]

CLARKE (Rev. A. E.). The Old Parish Church of Marown. In Ellan Vannin Mag. 3, Dec. 1924.

Parish of Saint Runus in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 23-25, 99. Also Barony of St. Trinian's, p. 95, 1924.

CUBBON (William). Notes on Kirk Marown in 18th Century. In Proc. iii, 13-22, 1926.

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 151-170, 1926.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 ins. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 151. 1926.

Kirk Santan.

Curious Ecclesiastical Order relating to the singing of the Manks metrical Psalms of David in Kirk Santan, 1798. p. 1. [1666, F 75]

Kirk Santan in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 226- 9, 1861.

Macguire's or New Town, Kirk Santan. In Mx Soc. xi, 15, 92. 1864.

Parish of Kirk Santan : an Act for providing additional Burial Ground. B. & S. 1869. [D 200]

Kirk Santan : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 123-5, 1879.

Kirk Santan : Curious Ecclesiastical Order regarding Psalm Singing. In Mx Ch. Mag., Aug. 1891.

Kirk Santan : Extracts from the Parish Register. In Mx Ch. Mag., May, June, 1895.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Santan. In Y.L.M. ii, 171-2, 1901. [2049]

Form of the Dedication Service. War Memorial, Kirk Santan, 9th May, 1920. pp. 3. 157x126. [1657]

Kirk Santan in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 19-22, 99. 1924. F 75

CUBBON (William). Kirk Santan Records. In Proc. iii, 11-13, 1926.

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 133-147. 1926.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 in. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 147. 1926.

KNEEN (John James, M.A.). The Story of Kirk Santan.. In I.M. Times, 31st Dec., 1927. [5694]

Kirk Malew.

Kirk Malew in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 229- 35. 1861.

Records of St. Mark's Chapel, Mx Soc. xxviii, 1878.

Kirk Malew : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 126-7, 1879.

St. Mark's, Malew : list of the Chaplains. In Mx Soc. xxix, 128-9. 1879.

GILL (Rev. Hugh Stowell). Notes from Kirk Malew Parish Register. In Mx Note Book, vol. ii, 1886. pp. 72-79, 133-138, 180-186; vol. iii, pp. 73-77, 138-144, 181-186.

Malew Churchyard. In Peel Guardian, 18th Jan. 1886. [Fr. fol. p. 115]

DODD [Miss Catherine]. Descriptive Guide to St. Michael's Island (Fort Island), Derbyhaven, Langness and neighbourhood. Castletown : M. J. Backwell. N.D. [1888] pp. 23. With two sketches by the author. 182x110. [3441]

Kirk Malew Antiquities. Visit of Cumb. & West. Antiq. Soc. In I.M.T., 29th Sept., 1894. [Fr. fol. p. 84, L6]

Malew Parish Church Messenger. No. 1. Selected by Rev. J. M. Spicer, Vicar. S. K. B. & Co. N.D. [c. 1900] pp. 4. 190x123. [4542]
It is not known that further numbers were issued.

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Malew. In Y.L.M. ii, 173-6, 1901. [2049]

MOORE (A. W., M.A.). The Ronaldsway Estate. In Y.L.M., iv, 53-8, 1901. [4652]

Kirk Malew : Mem. by Government Office on application of Commissioners of Kirk Malew for authority to borrow 1,800 to construct a Drainage system. 8th Feb. 1904. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

Parish of Saint Lupus in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 11-18, 98. Also the Monastery Lands, pp. 87-9. 1924.

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 87-125. 1925.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. 2 in. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 125. 1925.

KNEEN (John James, M.A.). The Story of Kirk Malew. In I.M.T., 8th Oct. 1927. [5636]

Kirk Arbory.

Kirk Arbory in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 222-6,1861.

Hymn-sheet, Colby P.M. Sunday School. Sunday, Aug. 3. 1862. Castletown : M. J. Backwell. pp. 4. [6472, F 73]

Kirk Arbory : list of the Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 132-4. 1879.

KEWLEY (Rev. John, M.A.). Antiquities of the Parish of Arbory. In Y.L.M. it, 103-6, 1901. [2049]

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Arbory. In Y.L.M. ii, 177-8, 1901. [2049]

Rushen and Arbory Parish Boundaries: Beating the Bounds,, 1911. In Mx Ch. Mag., July 1911.

Parish of Saint Columba in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 7-10, 98. Bishop's Barony p. 94. 1924.

KNEEN (J. J., MA.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 59-84. 1925.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish skewing the Treens. 2 in. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N., p. 84. 1925.

KNEEN (John James, M.A.). The Story of Kirk Arbory. In I.M.T. 1st Oct., 1927. [5634]

Kirk Christ Rushen.

Kirk Christ Rushen in 1798. In Feltham's Tour, Mx Soc. vi, 217-22. 1861.

Explosion of the Brig 'Lily' at Kitterland : Appeal for Subscriptions. Douglas: R. H. Johnson. 1852. pp. 4. 264x203. [1494, G.F.C. Coll.]

PAG E (Rev. Gregory A.). A Memorial of the Kitterland Disaster, containing a full and circumstantial account of the wreck and explosion of the Brig 'Lily,' with several interesting particulars not previously published : to which is added a short Poem on the subject. Douglas: M. A. Quiggin, 52 North-quay. 1853. pp. 36. 163x100. 3d. [3557]
The writer was the resident Wesleyan Methodist minister at Castletown.

Appeal on behalf of Twenty-two Widows and Seventy-four Orphans: The Brig 'Lily' Disaster. An address by Dr. Dixon of K.W. Coll. R. Fargher. 1853. pp. 3. 256x205. [F 73]

The humble Petition of Euphemia Connal, of the Parish of Rushen, Brewer, carrying on business under the style and firm of Connal & Co. (In Chancery.) 1854. Broadside. 560x440. [1494] The petition gives a list of the creditors of the insolvent debtor.

Prince Arthur's Visit to Port Erin, with woodcuts from photographs by George A. Dean. In Ill. Lon. News, 22nd May, 1869. [3030, L 6]

Parish of Rushen : an Act to provide additional Burial Ground. B. & S. 1869. [D 200]

Kirk Christ, Rushen : list of Vicars. In Mx Soc. xxix, 135-8, 1879.

Erection of St. Peter's Church, Cregneish. In NIx Ch. Mag., June 1892.

Kirk Christ Rushen : Extracts from Old Parish Book. In lhlx Ch. Mag. Feb., Mar., April, May, 1892.
Gives many references to the Gawne, Ballagawne, family.

ROEDER (Charles). A Sketch of Old Cregneish. In Skeealyn Esop, by Edward Faragher, Cregneish (with portrait). 1901. [4808]

KERMODE (P. M. C.). List of Antiquities in Kirk Christ Rushen. In Y.L.M. ii, 179-180, 1901. [2049]

CARY (W. L. D., of Beach House, Castletown). A Legend of the Calf of Man. N.D. [1904] pp. 12. 170x110. [4043]

LEECE (Rev. Canon C. H.). Notes on the History of Kirk Christ, Rushen. S. K. B. 1911. pp. 20. 170x108. [5088]

Brown's Special Guide to the South of the Isle of Man. Illus. Douglas. N.D. [1911] 8vo. pp. 80. [F 72]

KNEEN (J. J.). The Sound, and its neighbourhood : a Guide Book for visitors. B. & S. N.D. [c. 1913]. pp. 12. 160x95. [1257]

Parish of Holy Trinity in Rushen in 1511. In Man. Roll, pp. 1-6, 97. Also Abbey Lands in Rushen, p. 89. 1924.

KNEEN (J. J., M.A.). Place-names of the Parish. In P. - N. pp. 7-58. 1925.

CUBBON (W.). Plan of the Parish shewing the Treens. Scale 2 in. to m. In J. J. K. P. - N. p. 58. 1925.

KNEEN (John James, M.A.). The Story of Kirk Christ Rushen. In I.M.T. 24th Sept., 1927. [5624] F 75

Port St. Mary.

Guide to Port St. Mary, Port Erin, etc. S. K. B. 1882. pp. 15. 178xi l5. [4789]

Guide to Port St. Mary and district. S.K.B. N.D. [c. 1884] pp. 13. 180x120. Id. [5194]

Port St. Mary, the home of the artist and pleasure-seeker. Peel: Bawden. N.D. [c. 1890] pp. 4. View. 220x140.

HAVILAND (Dr. Alfred, M.R.C.S.E.). Port St. Mary. B. & S. 1891. pp. 21. 215x130. Litho. view frontispiece and plan of Port St. Mary building estate. [3948]

Port St. Mary Commissioners: Right of Way to Fistard. Rep. of Committee of Tynwald, 27th July, 1897. B. & S. 1897. pp. 2. 330x210. [6125, D 152]

Mem. by Government Office on application of the Commissioners for authority to borrow 2,000 for erecting a Promenade. 19th May, 1899. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6126, D 152]

Port St. Mary Boundaries : Minutes of evidence taken by the Com. Oct. 14th, 1904. B. & S. pp. 28. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

Rep. of Committee of Tynwald, dated 28th Oct., 1904. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

Rep. of Committee of Tynwald, dated 21st March, 1904. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

Memorandum by Government Office on Application of Port St. Mary Commissioners to borrow 700 for purchasing Lands, etc., 8th Feb. 1904. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

Rep. of Committee of Tynwald on Port St. Mary Boundaries, 21st March, 1904. pp. 4. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

Rep. of L.G.B. on application of Commissioners for leave to borrow 4,000 for drainage, with minutes of evidence. Undated. [1905] B. & S. pp. 7. 330x210. [6128, D152]

Mem. by Government Office on application of Commissioners for leave to borrow 550 to purchase a Commissioners' yard. 21st Jan. 1909. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6130, D 152]

Rep. of Loc. Gov. Board as to petition of Commissioners for leave to borrow 550 to purchase a Commissioners' yard. Undated. [March 1909] B. & S. pp. 3. 330x210. [6130, D 152]

Rep. of Loc. Gov. Board on application of the Commissioners for leave to apply 112 in payment of Sewage works. Undated. [March 1909] B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210.

Port St. Mary: a Guide Book. B. & S. N.D. [1926] pp. 49. Illus. 116x170. [5387J

Port Erin.

Port Erin: proposed Breakwater, with lithographed view, of the Bay, showing the proposed work. N.D. [C. 1855] pp. 4. 280x220. [1798 N ]

Port Erin and Mr. Milner : a letter from William Milner to the Manx Fishermen, dated 5th Nov., 1858. Broadside. [6460, F 73]

An Appeal of the people of Port Erin for the construction of a Pier at the mouth of Port Erin Harbour. N.D. [c. 1858]
There is a lithographic print at the head of the circular showing the proposed Breakwater, the stormy seas out- side, and the calm water on the sheltered side.

PEACOCK (William F.) The Beauties of Port Erin. Manchester: John Heywood. N.D. [1863] pp. 46. View of Port Erin. 180x100. 6d. [1998 W.C. Coll.]

Port Erin : Extracts from Reports and Papers with reference to Port Erin, dated 21st May, 1869. B. & S. pp. 20. [6314, B 92]

Port Erin Breakwater: Memorial to the Lieut.-Governor; letter from the Lieut.-Governor to the Harbour Commis- sioners; and Report of the evidence taken by the Commissioners in reference to the further extension of the work. B. & S. N.D. [ 1870] pp. 45. 244x145. [1493, G.F.C. Coll.]
The Commissioners reported to Governor Loch that they were of opinion the breakwater ought to be made 1,300 feet long instead of 900 feet, as originally proposed.

WAUGH (Edwin). Saint Catherine's Chapel: or the pretty Island Bay; containing a guide to Port Erin, Castletown, Rushen Abbey, the Chasms, etc. Manchester: John Heywood. N.D. [c. 1875] pp. 32. 162x102. 3d. [1007]

Port Erin Breakwater: Rep. of Committee of Tynwald, app. 3rd November, 1882. B. & S. pp. 26. [6316, B 92]

HEWITSON (William). Holiday Sketches: Port Erin, Port St. Mary, and district. Manx Sun Office. N.D. [c. 1888] pp. 64. 180x120. [3321]
The author was on the staff of the 'Bury Times.'

Guide to Port Erin. B. & S. N.D. [c. 1890] pp. 67. 185x110. [3276]

Port Erin : Petition of the Commissioners to borrow 700 for drainage, etc., 8th July, 1896. 1>. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6125, D 152]

Report of Committee of Tynwald on application of Port Erin Commissioners for leave to borrow money for drainage purposes, etc. 29th July, 1896. B. & S. pp. 3. 330x210. [6125, D 152]

Report of Committee of Tynwald on application of the Port Erin Commissioners for authority to borrow 650 for drainage purposes. 13th Feb., 1899. B. & S. pp. 4. 330x210. . [6126, D 152]

Mem. by Government Office on application of Port Erin Commissioners for leave to borrow 3,500 to acquire Port Erin Water Co.'s undertaking. 26th Oct. 1900. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6126, D 152] ]

Rep. of Committee of Tynwald on the petition of Port Erin Commissioners to purchase certain Lands and Right of Way. 5th July, 1901. B. & S. pp. 3. 330x210. [6126, D 152]

Port Erin : Report and Minutes of Evidence taken by Committee of Tynwald on the Extension of the Boundaries. 21st March, 1904. B. & S. pp. 4,20. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

Mem. by Gov. Office on application of Port Erin Commissioners for authority to borrow 2,700 to purchase Lands, etc. 27th June, 1964. B. & S. pp. 3. 330x210. [6125, D 152]

Rep. of Committee of Tynwald on improvements at Port Erin. Undated. [March 1905] B. & S. pp. iv,40. 330x210. [6128, D 152]

Port Erin : Rep. of Committee of Tynwald on the borrow- ing of 4,270 for sewering, etc., with minutes of evidence. Undated. B. & S. 1906. pp. 12. 330x210. [6129, D 152]

Mem. by Gov. Office on application of the Port Erin Commissioners for authority to borrow 4,270 for drainage, water rights, etc. 29th June, 1906. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6129, D 152]

Mem. by Gov. Office on application of the Port Erin Commissioners for leave to borrow 550 to erect public con-veniences, etc. 28th June, 1907. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6129, D 152]

Application from the Port Erin Commissioners to borrow 2,000 in connection with the Water-works purchase. June 1, 1910. B. & S. pp. 2. 330x210. [6130, D 152]

Visitors' Guide to Port Erin, Port St. Mary, Castletown and district. B. & S. N.D. [1911] pp. 80. 170x103. ' [3445]
This was published as early as 1905.

Port Erin Brows: Rep. of Committee of Tynwald on petition of Port Erin Commissioners, with minutes of evidence. 20th July, 1912. B. & S. pp. 16. 330x210. [6131, D 152]

Rep. of Committee of Tynwald on petition of the Commissioners to purchase portion of the Brows, etc. Feb. 22, 1913. pp. 2. 330x210. [6131, D 152]

St. Catherine's Church, Port Erin, jubilee 1880-1930. No printer's name. 1930. pp. 16. 250x185. [6064]
Gives a history of the church and of its foundation by William Milner: portraits.

PRIDEAUX (P. J.). Port Erin, the Gem of the Golden West. Illus. by author. 7th edn. Nottingham: Sands & Son. N.D. [1931] pp. 36. 118x170.


  Backindex next  

Any comments, errors or omissions gratefully received The Editor
HTML Transcription © F.Coakley , 2011