Does anyone have information about the LYALL family in the Isle of Man please? This is the information I have so far:
JAMES ALLTREE LYALL (my great-grandfather) was born 1867 in England, and died January 9, 1942, buried at Lezayre, Isle of Man. He married ANN JANE CAIN, daughter of ANN CAINE. She was born circa 1864 - 1867 in Lezayre, Isle of Man, and died November 6, 1938 in Lezayre, Isle of Man.
JAMES and ANN had 6 children:
1. JOHN JAMES LYALL, b. September 21, 1891, 40 Argyle Street, South Tranmere, Birkenhead; d. December 11, 1968; m. ALICE JANE CORLETT, January 31, 1915, Maughold, Ramsey District, Isle of Man.
2. ETHEL LYALL, b. Abt. 1892; m. AMBROSE CROWE, September 27, 1913, Maughold, Ramsey District, Isle of Man.
3. MARGARET LYALL, b. Abt. 1894.
4. WILLIAM ALLTREE LYALL, b. April 27, 1899, Glenauldyn, Lezayre, Isle of Man.
5. JANET J. LYALL, b. Bet. 1900 - 1901.
6. STANLEY LYALL, b. Bet. 1900 - 1901.
(Stanley and Janet are twins, both being 4 months old at the timd of the 1901 census).
WILLIAM ALLTREE LYALL (my grand-father) married MARGARET ETHEL TAYLOR November 13, 1920 in St. John the Evangelist, Everton, Lancaster, daughter of THOMAS TAYLOR and MARY HARRISON. She was born March 10, 1891 in Deysbrook Lane, West Derby Rural, County of Lancaster, and died April 29, 1956 in 9 Madoc Terrace, Craig Y Dinas, Llanrug, North Wales.
It is not known at this stage where William Alltree Lyall went after he separated from Margaret Ethel, (1927 – 1929) although oral history states that he had another partner. The 1928 Kelly's Directory of Liverpool and Suburbs has an entry:
Lyall, Wm. A. 58 Abingdon Road, Walton, Liverpool
There appear to be no similar entries in the Liverpool area in subsequent years.